We are happy to be welcoming you into our Home again to visit your loved ones. As with our Outdoor Visits, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has set out strict guidance regarding our indoor visitation policies. In places the guidance is unclear, so our policy will need to change as the State and/or the Federal Government address these points. This guidance often changes quicker than we can update our website, so please note that when current guidelines are not reflected in our website, we will be following the current guidance. Please contact us (507-794-3011) with any questions or concerns.
As of September 2020, indoor visits are permitted on a very limited basis. At present, we are only allowing indoor visits in the Snack Shop. All visits must be pre-arranged through Activities. Visitors are expected to follow MDH guidance as issued on their website. As a quick summary:
- Visits must be prearranged. At DPCH, all visits are scheduled by Activities.
- Visitors must meet all “safety” requirements listed on our screening form. They signature on the form is your pledge that the information is complete and truthful.
- Visitors must wear face masks during the entire visit.
- Visitors must use hand-santizer at the time of pre-visit screening and as appropriate thoughout the visit.
- Visitors must remain 6 feet from the resident except when pushing a wheelchair.
- Visitors will be accompanied to the visiting area and may only leave the area for emergencies or as predetermined with Activities staff.
- Visitors who refuse to comply with these guidelines may be refused future entry into the building.
Please remember that these rules are mandated by the Department of Health. The links to the MDH webpages are on our COVID-19 page. For your convenience they are also listed below. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.